samedi 9 janvier 2010

London by night

Wow, I survived.

I am now back in London after a great time in Quebec with my friends and family. I landed wednesday night around 22h and tried, TRIED to get to the subway...

3 hours later I was at King's Cross station, the most important in London. THEN, I tried to get to Brent Cross, the nearest tube station from my new flat in Cricklewood, north of Kilburn, North-West of London.

Did I mention there was snow and freezing cold winds in London for the last week? That might be important for the following: I could not put more money on my card to take the bus and employees were not all that helpful to get me home.

I decided to walk.

At 4h30 in the morning, I got to the house but what does my landlord have in common with normal people? He is sound asleep at that time. Let me tell you, carrying 30lbs of stuff on your back at -5 for the last 3 hours after walking 12-13 km is no fun. Getting locked outside after that is no better.

To cut short: I showed up at work at 8am, worked all day with the exception of a 25 minutes nap at 2pm, worked the evening at a reception and got to the house at midnight.

Good adventure once it's over!

Thanks for reading,

Renaud

2 commentaires:

  1. En tout cas, ce fut un des plus beaux temps des fêtes pour la famille Loiselle Dupuis. Merci Renaud.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Consolation : it was freezing in Florida too! :)

    RépondreSupprimer