mardi 27 juillet 2010

Hostels and trains

So the point when moving around Melbourne is to minimise the number of days when you will need a take the train because it takes an average of 4 a week to be worth buying the monthly card. Otherwise you fork over 6,80$ a day to go anywhere in zone 1 (I live a the limit of zone 1).

Since I am to go visit St-Kilda to apply for jobs in a dozen or so hostels, I try to do it on a day when I am already going to the city. Seems a little hard if I do so because of work so I have to make excuses. Like buying socks or going to see a movie. Hum, I should go see Inception come to think of it.

Otherwise, the train system is pretty good but not that frequent so you really want to move around during rush hour if you do not want to spend 30 minutes on a bench outside wanting for the next one going in your direction. And since many express trains do not go to certain stations, I consider myself lucky to live near a main station.

Thanks for reading,

Renaud

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire