dimanche 16 mai 2010

Towards Kyev

Wow. What a succession of rides! First I had to walk in the rain for two hours in order to find a bus going to Moldavia. Then I get dropped off in the middle of the night in a neibourhood of the capital filled with drunk people (in groups of 15 men) and angry dogs. I walk around for more than four hours before I have gathered enough intel to know where to go to get a bus ticket to Odessa that will keep me away from the separatists in the east who ask a bribe from the foreigners.

Then, another four hours later, I am about to board a bus to Kyev. I should be there around 20h30 tonight. Now I just have to contact my host in order to have someone pick me up or send me very clear instructions on how to get to his place. I slept about six hours in two nights on these busses. Getting tired.

Of course, Moldavia has very nice buildings and people are generally friendly but I was a bit scared during the night. Ukraine seems also very interesting but I found some beggars who were quite impolite. Mistook me for an american? Is that a good reason?

Meh. Off I go.

Thanks for reading,

Renaud

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire