vendredi 12 mars 2010

Edinburgh, part 2

So I'm going back to London in 8 hours, only to finish a few last tasks and take the train to Paris. I have seen Edinburgh for quite a few hours now and I can say that it is as gorgeous as people say. But pricy. Harder to shop around and to find a grocery store to avoid paying £8 for a burger! Damned tourists!

I had a good night of sleep at the City Central Hostel, with snoring roommate once again. Gotta live with it right? Wait, no I can just leave town! That's MUCH more sensible!

I found the Caledonian and they have two beers in pubs around here: the 80p and the Deuchards. The first is a bitter ale, not unlike the "reds" of Quebec but more refreshing and less bitter. Very limpid too. Neverteless a great taste even if more discreet like I just wrote.

The second is better known around here since it's the "official" beer of the 6 nations rugby cup. It is a blond ale that first tastes like a white beer! You easily get used to it though and it becomes a nice but slightly bland beer (I must admit that blond beers are not my favorites in general).

Good experience overall, I walked to the "top" of the Salisbury Hill, went to the castle (not inside for monetary purposes), to the cathedral, to the Edinburgh museum, the scot national gallery, the modern museum, the Scotish monument, the parliament and simply walked around a bit. Once again met a few people I shall leave too soon.

I still have to go to the royal museum and then I will probably find a spot in the bus terminal to settle down and read.

London bound.

Thank you for reading,

Renaud

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire